FDP Slams Rubio for being weak and cowardly as Senate race heats up
As the race for Florida Senate heats up, we wanted to send around a quick reminder of just how weak, cowardly, and anti-democracy Senator Marco Rubio really is.
“Marco Rubio has proven time and time again that he does not have the spine to take on hard fights, and will put politics over people every single time,” said Florida Democratic Party Spokeswoman Alexandra Caffrey. “Floridians deserve a real leader representing them in the Senate, not a weak coward like Marco Rubio.”
Marco Rubio constantly puts party over democracy and refuses to stand up for what is right:
- He voted against $1,400 checks for Floridians and opposed funding for vaccine distribution, COVID relief for schools, first responders, and small business.
- He talks about being tough on China but then voted against a bipartisan bill to make the US more competitive with China
- He voted to allow health insurance companies to charge older Floridians up to five times more for their premiums and to cut nearly $500 billion from Medicare.
- He voted against the January 6th commission to investigate the insurrection at our capitol
- He voted against the Paycheck Fairness Act because apparently he thinks salary should be a function of gender
Everyone is fed up with Marco Rubio’s antics. The Orlando Sentinel said that it’s “Time to give up on Marco Rubio, who will never do the right thing.” And the Miami Herald noted that, “It’s hard to take a principled stand when one lacks a spine, as Florida’s U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio has shown us.