Recommendations based on consultation with the Florida Democratic Party, Florida Democratic Party Chair and candidates being Democrats. You can find more information on candidates and the amendments on our website www.democratsofindianriver.org under the “Voting” tab.
Here are the ways you can use your vote by mail ballot:
- Mail your ballot early and track it online at https://www.voteindianriver.com/ You can confirm that your ballot has been received. The Supervisor of Elections can start counting mail ballots up to 22 days before Election Day but it is a felony to release any results before the polls close on Election Day. Mail ballots and Early Voting ballots are the first votes that are counted.
- Fill out, seal, and sign your ballot and deliver it in person to a drop box at an Early Voting site (See Early Voting information below.) No waiting in line with people without masks, no ID hassles, and no changed polling place issues. You can also deliver it to the Supervisor of Elections until 7 PM on Election Day (Tuesday, November 3).
- Trade your unvoted ballot in for an in-person ballot at Early Voting or at your precinct on Election Day. This is not recommended but you retain that option.
In Indian River County, mail ballots will be mailed out starting September 24. If you signed up for a vote by mail ballot but have not received it by October 1, check with the Supervisor of Elections at (772) 226-4700. If you did not sign up for a vote by mail ballot but would like one, you can still sign up for one until 10 days before the election (request must be received by the Supervisor of Elections by 5 PM, October 24.) With the recent uncertainty about postal delivery standards, it is recommended that any requests should be made at least a week earlier. A vote by mail ballot can be requested by phone (772) 226-4700 (8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., M-F)
Early Voting sites are open 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., October 19 – 31.
- Supervisor of Elections, 4375 43rd Ave., Vero Beach
- IRC Main Library, 1600 21st St., Vero Beach
- Sebastian City Hall, 1225 Main St, Sebastian
All polling places are open from 7 AM to 7 PM on Election Day, Tuesday, November 3. All voters who previously voted on Election Day at the Indian River Estates Precincts 1, 4 and 33, will now vote at Central Assembly of God (6767 20thSt, Vero Beach). This is a temporary polling place change. Find your polling place here.
THREE WAYS TO RETURN YOUR BALLOT: by Return Mail, at Supervisor of Elections Offices, or at Early Voting sites.
Mail Your Ballot: Return your ballot as soon as possible. Allow plenty of time for the ballot to be received by the Supervisor of Elections. You can track your ballot here or go the SOE website (voteindianriver.com).
If you have not mailed your VBM by October 27, it is highly recommended that you either hand deliver it to an Early Voting site or to an SOE Office OR Vote Early instead.
Deliver to SOE Office: Ballots may returned starting immediately to the Supervisor of Elections Office, located at 4375 43rd Ave. Vero Beach. The SOE has a drop box to the right of the front doors that goes directly into the office.
Drop off at Early Voting sites: Ballots may be delivered to locked dropboxes at any of the Early Voting sites between the hours of 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Note: Voted VBM Ballots may NOT be returned at precinct polls on Election Day. However, you can take your unvoted VBM ballot and can vote in person instead OR hand deliver voted VBM ballots to the SOE office.
Note: Secrecy Sleeve – your vote will be counted if you do not return your ballot in the secrecy sleeve.
VBM BALLOTS MUST BE RECEIVED BY ELECTION DAY AT 7 PM at the Supervisor of Elections Main Office.
YOUR BALLOT WILL NOT COUNT IF RECEIVED LATE.