Give a Voice to Your Convictions
Give a voice to your convictions and write a Letter to the Editor!
With everything in the news these days, Democrats have a lot to be concerned about. Still, we even have some issues we can rejoice about. While no longer a pen to paper exercise, filling out a newspaper’s online form can bring your opinions to life! So give it a try and let your voice be heard!
Help Writing a Letter
The Communications Committee of the Democrats of Indian River County stand ready to help you both write and/or edit your letter. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will walk you through the process and then be sure your letter appears as a blogpost on our website, as well.
Luckily, in Indian River County we have several news outlets that will take Letters to the Editor. The local Democratic Party’s website, democrats of indianriver.org gives you tips for writing a Letter to the Editor under the “Take Action” tab.
- Write a letter that is consistent with the issue areas found in Florida’s Democratic Platform. These issues are education, jobs, healthcare, women and families, civil rights, voting rights, protecting our land and water, immigration, and accountability in government.
- Be brief and to the point. Many publications have length restrictions (for example a 300 word maximum) and may edit to shorten your letter.
- Add a title that clearly states the subject of your letter. It may be used as the headline.
- In addition to a title for the letter, you will need to provide your full name, address and phone number, and email address if you have one. Other than your name and city, this information is not published.
- If using an on-line letter-to-the-editor form, you may want to compose your letter first, then cut and paste it into the form.
Here are the three major news outlets in Indian River County with on-line forms. The links will take you directly to each form.
To submit to Vero Beach 32963, Vero News & Sebastian River send your letter to: email@example.com