The Democratic Executive Committee
of Indian River County
The Democratic Executive Committee (DEC) gives a voice to Democratic values and advocates for working families. The DEC is the official arm and the local governing body of the Florida Democratic Party (FDP), with elected precinct captains responsible for establishing the political priorities of Indian River County and getting out the vote.
The DEC is managed through its elected officials and members. Every four years, following the U.S. Presidential Election, the DEC elects officers.
DEC Responsibilities Include:
- To promote Democratic values, principles, and initiatives:
- Follow and support local and national political issues that are important for the Democratic platform
- Raise money for the Democratic Party and its candidates
- To advance both the visibility and viability of the Democratic Party and its candidates in Indian River County
- Identify and support new leaders in the Democratic Party
- Provide a forum for the exchange of ideas among local Democrats
- Recruit and train volunteers at a grassroots level
- Register voters and increase the number of Democrats in our county
- Phone bank and canvass door-to-door to promote the party
- Supervise and engage in all local Democratic Party matters and affairs