SUMMER INTERNSHIP AVAILABLE
The Democrats of Indian River County are seeking college-level candidates for their Summer Internship program. Applicants who hope to have, or have, experience in the political arena and are interested in political science are encouraged to apply. Interns will assist in research, precinct organization, and community outreach. Requirements include being a registered Democrat and 18 years old or over. This is an unpaid position with flexible hours located in Vero Beach with the possibility of college credit. Join us. Be part of the solution!
For more details and an application, please visit www.democratsofindianriver.org and click on the Take Action tab. Completed application forms may be emailed to Stacey at firstname.lastname@example.org
INTERNSHIP POSITION DESCRIPTION
The role of the Intern for the Democrats of Indian River is to help the volunteer members Get Out The Vote and encourage Democrats to Vote By Mail. In these efforts, the Intern will:
- Learn and understand the database VOTEBUILDER, also known as VAN (on a PC) and Mini-VAN (on a cell phone). Be able to manipulate the database for research, make lists within precincts, fill out canvassing questionnaires, generate labels, correct information, insert information, etc.
- Make phone calls to encourage folks to Vote by Mail and solicit their input into how they would like to be involved with the Democrats of Indian River.
- Undertake research on various projects such as candidates running for municipal elections and community party issues.
- Develop spreadsheets, as requested.
- Undertake writing assignments, if desired, for website and mailings.
- Pitch in on office duties such as answering office phone calls, Xeroxing, making address labels, stuffing envelopes, etc.
- Attend special events and man Democratic booth at community events, as desired.
- Other duties, as assigned.