The Democratic Club of Indian River is a social club for Democrats!
The Club is an organization of registered Democrats, including those who have volunteered in the past or worked in other capacities to support Democratic initiatives. Our ultimate goal is join together to organize, work, strategize and to develop a plan to WIN in all upcoming elections, with a specific emphasis on 2022. We will accomplish this with the element of camaraderie, fun and social activities. We ask that you join to “Be Part of the Solution”. We need you as a member, we need you as a volunteer, we need you to come and work on what interests you. Work with a group, work on a committee, or work in pairs. We need your ideas, energy , and enthusiasm so that we may:
- Organize special events and community outreach.
- Position Democrats of IRC booths at public events and forums to increase Democratic visibility.
- Hold potluck suppers.
- Form legislative and educational watch groups.
- Monitor local municipal governmental meetings.
- Hold local and state government officials accountable.
- Plan socials, seminars, and speakers’ forums.
- Train members to canvas, phone bank, and register voters and use VAN effectively.
- Build a presence in our communities.
And, while doing all this, have some downtime and fun. We are only limited by our imaginations.
We are currently meeting via Zoom. However, we hopefully plan, following CDC guidelines and the advice of healthcare professionals, to have in-person meetings in late summer to early fall of this year. We will return to our welcoming congenial venue, the Irish- American Society, 1314 20th St, Vero Beach.
The recently elected officers of the Democratic Club of Indian River Are:
- President – Al Griffiths
- Vice President – Betty Morrow
- Secretary – Vacant
- Treasurer – Nancy Griffiths
- Director – Karen Adelman
- Director – Jadie Barringer
- Director – Regina Williams
- Director – Valerie Daly
- Director – Fred Grumman
Al Griffiths, President